This datalayer is part of a group of layers used for research in the Ipswich River Watershed. This datalayer shows the Status for areas that are defined as Protected and Recreational Open Space by MassGIS (www.state.ma.us/mgis). This layer is derived from the Protected and Recreational Open Space layer provided by for each town. The values are from the status field (status_fee) field in the data table.
This layer shows the status of open space in the Ipswich Watershed
1. Download Protected and Recreational Open Space layer for each town in the watershed (www.state.ma.us/mgis)
2 Add each towns ‘osp(#)p1.shp file.
3. Merge individual towns layers into one complete coverage with table for all values.
4. Union open space layer with a layer of MassGIS towns.
5. Convert to grid using “status_fee” field as value.
6. Extract to IDRISI
7. Reclass back ground values from -9999 to 0.
8. Overlay with inverse mask with a value of 9 outside the study area.
9. Reclass to switch 0 and 7 values.
10. Edit Legend.
Process_Date: June 10, 2002
This layer shows the status of open space in the Ipswich WatershedHorizontal Coordinate System Name:NAD 1983 StatePlane Massachusetts Mainland FIPS 2001
Datum: D North American 1983
Reference Ellipsoid: Name: GRS 1980 Semi Axis: 6378137.0
Projection Name : Lambert Conformal Conic
Number of bands : 1
Raster Origin : Lower Left
Rows : 1152
Columns : 1692
Cell Geometry :pixel