This data layer contains the roads within the Ipswich River Watershed, according to MassGIS (http://www.state.ma.us/mgis/) as of July 17, 2002. THis datalayer is part of a group of layers used for research in the Ipswich River Watershed. To show the location and type of roads within the watershed.
Raster layer shows road location and type
1. I first downloaded the quads that are within the Ipswich River Watershed : Lowell, Lawrence, South Groveland, Georgetown, Ipswich, Billerica, Wilmington, Reading, Salem, Marblehead North, Lexington, Boston North and Lynn.
2. Then the MRD###a1.shp layers were merged, then clipped by the outline of the towns of the Ipswich River Watershed.
3. Then the layer was converted to a grid with the field Class as the value.
4. Then the grid was exported to IDRISI.
5. In IDRISI the roads grid was overlayed with the townmask, and reclassed so that the area outside the study area equaled 1, and the area that was not road, but was within the watershed was given a value of 8.
Raster layer shows road location and typeHorizontal Coordinate System Name:NAD 1983 StatePlane Massachusetts Mainland FIPS 2001
Datum: D North American 1983
Reference Ellipsoid: Name: GRS 1980 Semi Axis: 6378137.0
Projection Name : Lambert Conformal Conic
Number of bands : 1
Raster Origin : Lower Left
Rows : 1152
Columns : 1692
Cell Geometry :pixel