This datalayer is part of a group of layers used for research in the Ipswich River Watershed. This datalayer shows the primary use of land that is defined as protected by MassGIS. (http://state.ma.us/mgis/). This layer has information derived from the Protected and Recreational Open Space town coverages provided by MassGIS. To provide information about the use of open space.
The primary use of open space
1. Download Protected and Recreational Open Space layer for each town in the watershed (www.state.ma.us/mgis)
2 Add each towns ‘osp(#)p1.shp file.
3. Merge individual towns layers into one complete coverage with table for all values.
4. Union open space layer with a layer of MassGIS towns.
5. Convert to grid using “p_purp” field as value.
6. Extract to IDRISI
7. Reclass back ground values from -9999 to 0.
8. Overlay with inverse mask with a value of 10 outside the study area.
9. Reclass to switch 0 and 10 values.
10. Edit Legend.
Process_Date: June 4, 2002
The primary use of open space Horizontal Coordinate System Name:NAD 1983 StatePlane Massachusetts Mainland FIPS 2001
Datum: D North American 1983
Reference Ellipsoid: Name: GRS 1980 Semi Axis: 6378137.0
Projection Name : Lambert Conformal Conic
Number of bands : 1
Raster Origin : Lower Left
Rows : 1152
Columns : 1692
Cell Geometry :pixel