PIE LTER Data Use Agreement
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, CC BY - Attribution. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.
The re-use of scientific data has the potential to greatly increase communication, collaboration and synthesis within and among disciplines, and thus is fostered, supported and encouraged. Permission to use this dataset is granted to the Data User free of charge subject to the following terms:
1) Citation. It is considered a matter of professional ethics to acknowledge the work of other scientists. Thus, the Data User will properly cite the Data Set in any publications or in the metadata of any derived data products that were produced using the Data Set. Citation should take the following general form: Creator, Year of Data Publication, Title of Dataset, Publisher, Dataset identifier.
Giblin, Anne; Hopkinson, Charles (2000): Rates of benthic metabolism and nutrient cycling in the Parker and Rowley Rivers of the Plum Island Sound estuary. Plum Island Ecosystems LTER, Long Term Ecological Research Network. http://dx.doi.org/10.6073/pasta/17fa8b4fef50c7b85cac3d61482a7cb6
2) Acknowledgement. The Data User should acknowledge any institutional support or specific funding awards referenced in the metadata accompanying this dataset in any publications where the Data Set contributed significantly to its content. Acknowledgements should identify the supporting party, the party that received the support, and any identifying information such as grant numbers. The Data User should contact the Data Set Contact to ensure the appropriate Granting Programs are acknowledged.
Data sets were provided by the Plum Island Ecosystems LTER. This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grants #OCE-9726921, OCE-0423565, OCE-1058747, OCE-1238212, OCE-1637630.
3) Notification. The Data User will notify the Data Set Contact when any derivative work or publication based on or derived from the Data Set is distributed. The Data User will provide the data contact with two reprints of any publications resulting from use of the Data Set and will provide copies, or on-line access to, any derived digital products. Notification will include an explanation of how the Data Set was used to produce the derived work.
4) Collaboration. The Data Set has been released in the spirit of open scientific collaboration. Data Users are thus strongly encouraged to consider consultation, collaboration and/or co-authorship with the Data Set Creator.
5) Disclaimer. While substantial efforts are made to ensure the accuracy of data and documentation contained in this Data Set, complete accuracy of data and metadata cannot be guaranteed. All data and metadata are made available "as is". The Data User holds all parties involved in the production or distribution of the Data Set harmless for damages resulting from its use or interpretation.